Disney’s Aulani Resort in Ko Olina, Hawaii, offers a wide range of ocean activities for kids to enjoy. These activities are designed to provide entertainment, education, and fun in the beautiful Hawaiian environment. Keep in mind that the specific activities may change over time, so it’s a good idea to check with the resort for the most up-to-date information. Here are some of the ocean activities for kids you might find at Aulani:
- Aunty’s Beach House: Aunty’s Beach House is a kids’ club at Aulani that often includes ocean-themed activities. Kids can learn about Hawaiian culture, explore marine life, and engage in arts and crafts related to the ocean.
- Fish Feeding: Aulani has a saltwater lagoon that is home to various marine species. Kids can participate in fish feeding sessions, where they can learn about different types of fish and even get a chance to feed them.
- Snorkeling: While not specifically designed for kids, Aulani offers snorkeling opportunities for families. Kids can learn the basics of snorkeling and explore the underwater world of Hawaii.
- Tide Pool Exploration: Aulani may offer guided tide pool exploration activities. Kids can learn about the creatures that inhabit the tide pools and observe them up close.
- Water Play Areas: Aulani has several water play areas, including pools and splash zones, where kids can have a blast playing in the water. These areas often have themes related to the ocean and Hawaiian culture.
- Beach Activities: The resort is located on a beautiful beach, and kids can enjoy various beach activities such as sandcastle building, beachcombing, and beach games.
- Surfing Lessons: Depending on your child’s age and skill level, they may have the opportunity to take surfing lessons. The resort offers lessons for beginners, and it’s a fantastic way for kids to experience the thrill of riding the waves.
- Canoeing or Kayaking: Aulani may offer canoeing or kayaking activities suitable for kids. It’s a great way for them to explore the waters around the resort while getting some exercise.
- Hawaiian Ocean Education: Aulani often incorporates educational programs where kids can learn about the ocean, marine life, and Hawaiian culture through interactive and age-appropriate activities.
- Character Experiences: Keep an eye out for character meet-and-greets and storytelling sessions with Disney characters in ocean-themed settings.
Before your visit, be sure to check the resort’s official website or contact their concierge for the latest information on ocean activities for kids. Some activities may require reservations or have age restrictions, so it’s a good idea to plan ahead to ensure your child can participate in their desired activities.