Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, located in Vero Beach, Florida, officially opened its doors on October 1, 1995. This Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resort is situated on Florida’s Atlantic Treasure Coast and offers a more relaxed and beach-themed experience compared to the larger theme park resorts like Walt Disney World in Orlando.
- Beach Access: The resort boasts a beautiful stretch of beach along Florida’s Atlantic coast. Guests can take leisurely strolls, build sandcastles, or simply relax on the sandy shores.
- Swimming: The resort typically has a large swimming pool, often with a fun and family-friendly design, like a water slide or splash area. You can enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool, especially if the ocean is too rough or you prefer a pool setting.
- Poolside Games: Disney’s Vero Beach Resort often organizes poolside games and activities led by resort staff. These may include games like poolside bingo, water volleyball, or other interactive games for guests of all ages.
- Pool Bars: You can often find poolside bars where you can order refreshing beverages and snacks while lounging by the pool.
- Beach Equipment Rental: The resort may offer equipment rentals such as beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, and beach toys for kids, making it easy to enjoy the beach to the fullest.
- Water Sports: Depending on the season and weather conditions, you might have the opportunity to participate in various water sports, such as kayaking, paddleboarding, or even surfing if conditions permit.
- Sunset Viewing: The beach at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is known for its beautiful sunsets. Taking a leisurely stroll on the beach or watching the sunset from a comfortable spot can be a lovely way to end the day.
- Bonfires: Some evenings, the resort might host beachfront bonfires, complete with marshmallow roasting, storytelling, and a cozy atmosphere.
- Nature Activities: Given the resort’s location, there may be opportunities for nature walks, birdwatching, and wildlife encounters in the nearby natural areas.
It can be a great combo to do three nights at Walt Disney World and then 2 to 3 nights at Disney’s Vero Beach.