Disney World does offer scooter rentals for guests with mobility issues or those who may find it challenging to walk long distances. These scooters, also known as Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) or electric scooters, can be rented at the theme parks and Disney Springs.
Here are some general details:
Types of Scooters:
- Disney offers both standard and accessible scooters for rent. Accessible scooters are designed for guests with more significant mobility challenges.
- Rental Locations: You can typically find scooter rental locations near the entrances of each theme park and at Disney Springs. It’s advisable to rent a scooter early in the day, as availability may be limited.
- Reservations: While reservations are not always required, they are recommended, especially during peak times. You can make reservations in advance through Disney’s official website or by calling their dedicated phone line for ECV rentals.
- Rental Fees: There is a daily rental fee for scooters, and multi-day rental options may also be available at a slightly discounted rate. Fees vary depending on whether you choose a standard or accessible scooter.
- Requirements: Renters typically need to be 18 years or older, and a valid ID is required. Only one person is allowed on the scooter.
- Return Policies: Scooters are generally available for use within the specific theme park where they are rented. If you are visiting multiple parks on the same day, you may need to return the scooter at the end of the day and rent a new one at the next park.
It’s important to note that policies and services at Disney World can change, so I recommend checking the official Disney World website or contacting Disney directly for the most up-to-date information regarding scooter rentals and their policies.