Making a reservation at your home resort 11 months in advance as a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) member is a great way to secure your preferred accommodations and travel dates. Here’s how you can do it:
- Know Your Home Resort: You need to be a DVC member, and every member has a designated “home resort.” This is the resort where you purchased your DVC points. You can book your home resort up to 11 months in advance.
- Mark Your Calendar: The booking window opens at 8:00 AM Eastern Time on the 11-month mark before your check-in date. So, make a note of this date.
- Contact Member Services: You can make a reservation by contacting Disney Vacation Club Member Services. You can do this over the phone, through the DVC website, or via the DVC mobile app.
- Be Prepared: Have your DVC membership number, your home resort, and your desired travel dates ready when you contact Member Services.
- Flexible Dates: Keep in mind that if you have flexible travel dates, you may have a better chance of securing the reservation you want. Popular dates tend to book up quickly.
- Be Persistent: If you’re aiming for a highly sought-after time or resort, it can be competitive. Be prepared to call or book online right at 8:00 AM ET on the 11-month mark.
- Use Waitlists: If you can’t get the reservation you want initially, consider putting yourself on the waitlist for your desired dates. DVC sometimes opens up additional availability, and you might get lucky.
- Borrowing and Banking Points: DVC allows you to borrow points from the next year or bank points from the current year to extend your booking window. However, there are rules and limitations around this, so make sure you understand them.
- Pay Attention to Cancellation Policies: Be aware of the cancellation policy for your home resort. If you change your mind or need to adjust your plans, make sure to cancel your reservation within the specified timeframe to avoid penalties.
Remember that booking 11 months in advance at your home resort provides the best opportunity to secure the accommodations and dates you desire, but it’s not the only option. If you can’t get what you want at 11 months, you can try booking at other DVC resorts, which become available at 7 months in advance, subject to availability. This allows you to explore different vacation options within the Disney Vacation Club system.